Are you interested in Women’s Health and Maternal-Child Health?
Do you want more hands-on skills and experience?
Are you considering going on to midwifery school, but seeking more exposure to maternal child health to see if it is the right path for you?
Do you want to add more skills to your resume in order to secure a labor and delivery nursing job right out of school?
Confused about what is the difference between a doula’s role and an L&D RN’s role in the delivery room?
THIS WORKSHOP CAN PROVIDE CONCRETE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE!
This workshop has been designed with the future career needs of nursing, medical, and public health students in mind!
George Washington University Students Register HERE for the May Birth doula workshop!!!!!!!!
This Birth Doula Training workshops will cover:
- Role of the Doula and how that compliments and is different than a L&D RN
- Prenatal contact
- What to pack in your Birth Bag
- Emotional, physical, and informational support of women and families in the prenatal period, at birth, and in the early postpartum period
- How to effectively involve other support people
- Physical Comfort measures to help women deal with the discomfort of childbirth
- Common interventions and medications
- Supporting women with epidurals
- Breastfeeding initiation
- How to become a certified doula with DONA International
- Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Inter-professional Relationships
- How to build a doula business
- Pathways to Midwifery or Nursing
- Self Care for Doulas
- AND More!!!!!!!!!
You will be given all the necessary tools to begin your journey towards becoming a certified doula through DONA International.